Happy Tuesday!! It's time for our monthly Literary Junkies link up. Let's see what you've been reading lately...
LITERARY JUNKIES HOSTED BY LIFE WITH A SIDE OF COFFEE AND PINK HEELS PINK TRUCK
And now for this week's questions!
1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it.
Right now I'm focusing on magazines. I just finished reading The Wife, The Maid and The Mistress by Ariel Lawhon which was amazing. I can't wait to get that review up.
2. There are a ton of movies coming out soon that were based off of books. Are there any you're particularly excited to see?
I'm incredibly excited for Gone Girl. I love Ben Affleck and can't wait to see him in it. I'm also excited for Serena. They just came out with the trailer this week and it gave me goosebumps.
3. With fall finally here for some of us, are there any books that you're particularly looking forward to reading in the season of big sweaters, blankets and hot chocolate?
I want to tackle some more of the Temperance Brennan series. I want to read A Moveable Feast by Hemingway and I want to read A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire. If I can make that happen, I'll be happy.
4. We only have 3.5 months left of 2014. Did you participate in any reading challenges? How are you doing?
I have all my reading challenges documented on My Bookshelf
. As you can see I haven't done particularly well. I set a goal of 25 books for this year on Goodreads and I've made it to 14 so far. If I can make it to at least 20, I call that a success. It's more books than I've read for leisure since I started college.
5. What has been the best book you've read so far this year?
I think it's a tie between What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty and The Wife, The Maid and The Mistress by Ariel Lawhon. They were both really great books but completely different. I absolutely loved both of them.