Cancer is sadly a disease that touches far too many people whether directly or indirectly. Breast Cancer seems to be one of the types in which almost anyone can say they know someone who has been effected. I have personally witness two loved ones go through the battle against breast cancer. Both are survivors and I'm grateful for every moment I get to share with them but not everyone is as lucky as I am. A cure for any disease such as this would be ideal and the best case scenario but the fact is that detection, in the case of any disease, is key. So in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October, we've rounded up a list of local Chicago businesses showing their support so that organizations can spread awareness and hopefully one day fund the research for a cure.
Throughout the month of October, $1 of every pink Ann Cherry Workout Waist Trainer ($49) will go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. The band is designed for workouts and can be part of a healthy, active lifestyle. Hourglass Angel, based out of the Chicago suburbs, supports the National Breast Cancer Foundation because one of the best ways to help women fight the disease is to educate them with the knowledge to prevent it and get through it.
ROOF on theWit | 201 North State Street, Chicago IL
ROOF on theWit's Girl's Rock Roof events are back this month! 15% of all Perrier-Jouet Blason Rose sales will be donated to the Lynn Sage Foundation. See below for the #GirlsRockROOF line-up for the remaining October weekends.
- October 14th - Sam Pace
- October 21st - Stacie Todd
- October 28th - Amy Robbins
Spa@theWit | 201 North State Street, Chicago IL
Spa@theWit has several pink October specials happening throughout this month. 10% of those specials will be donated to the Lynn Sage Foundation.
- Perfect Pink Body Treatment (50 minutes - $95): This hydrating body treatment will begin with a dry brush exfoliation to gently remove dry, dull skin. Your therapist will then continue your experience with a full body exfoliation using their Cranberry Pomegranate Sugar Scrub. Warm towels and a hydrating lotion application using their Eminence Nasberry Firming Body lotion will complete your experience.
- Mani & Pedi for a Cure (50 minutes - $70 Mani; 60 minutes - $80 Pedi): This full treatment includes an Eminence Organics Cranberry Pomegranate Sugar Scrub exfoliation to smooth out any dry, dully skin, a luxuriously rich body butter application with a relaxing hand or foot massage with warm towels that will help eliminate stress and leave skin oh so soft and smooth. End your treatment with your choice of lacquer or a clean buffing. Includes a complimentary ButterLondon nail polish.
- Peacefully Pink Massage (50 minutes - $99); This massage incorporates Swedish massage with aromatherapy to relax and rejuvenate your mind, body and soul.
State & Lake Chicago Tavern | 201 North State Street, Chicago IL
Stop into to State & Lake for great food and event better live acoustic performances. S&L is turning pink throughout October. 10% off all craft can sales will be donated to the Lynn Sage Foundation and will come wrapped in a commemorative PINK koozie. Each Friday in October, the restaurant will be hosting female musicians for a live acoustic performance. See below for remaining line-up.
- October 14th - Cheryl Rodey
- October 21st - Aly Jados
- October 28th - Julie Dutchak
ULTA Beauty | Any location
Show your support for breast cancer research with Ulta Beauty's BCRF Collection, available while supplies last. 50% of each, priced at $5, will go towards the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Available for purchase in stores and online. The Ulta Beauty BCRF Collection includes:
- Kisses & A Cure Wristlet
- The Positivity of Pink Crystal Compact
- Passion for Pink Cosmetic Bag
- Love & Hope Bangle Bracelets, Set of 3
- Key for Strength Pendant Necklace
- Fearless Heart Jewelry Case
- Kiss of Courage Pom Pom Bag Charm