Happy First Day Of Fall
It's official! I've been counting down since August and it is finally here, the first day of fall. We've been getting glimpses of fall weather with cool nights and even cool days but we've still been stuck in the mid-70s to 80s when I am dreaming of the 60s. Sweater weather is near and I couldn't be more happy. So this post is going to just be a giant fall celebration to kick the season off right. You ready?
5 Things I Love About Fall
1. Pumpkin season! I love everything from carving them to eating and drinking it and even smelling it.
2. Sweaters. It is the season of comfort. Time to break out the booties, fuzzy socks and over sized sweaters for the year's best fashion.
3. Crisp weather. There's something about the chill in the air that gives me the goosebumps and butterflies in my stomach. The beautiful colors of the leaves and the smell of the season just put your senses into overdrive in the best way possible.
4. The holidays are near! Fall means the start of the best holiday seasons: Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's time for Hocus Pocus, The Santa Clause and all kinds of Michael Buble Christmas music.
5. Football! Football, in my opinion, is the sport that matters most. Even though my Bears are killing me lately, I still love them and I love the excitement of game day.
Finally, Lattes, Life & Luggage has new fall interns that recently started and I'd like to introduce them to you guys by having them share their favorite things about fall. Check them out on the Meet the Team page as well!
Dirce: I love that I can throw on a hoodie and call it a day. The scenery of the trees changing colors is beautiful to me and hearing the crunch of the leaves when you step on them. Also, as much as I love an iced drink, Fall means I can order hot coffee again.
Lina: Fall in Chicago means it's sweater weather in the morning and then by midday you're dying of heatstroke. Also, PSLs and tiny dogs in sweaters, yay.
Stephanie: Autumn is the best season of the year because the weather isn't too hot, humid, or so cold your fingers feel like they're going to fall off. What I love most about this season are the colorful crunchy leaves that fall off the trees. It shows us a significant change in time where another transition is happening in our lives. There's also the fact that pumpkin spiced lattes and knit sweaters are completely acceptable.
Sydney: What I love most about fall is the cool weather, the fashion and, of course, the pumpkin spice lattes!
What are some of your favorite things about fall?