Lattes, Life & Luggage's Guide To The Best Fall EVER!
The countdown to fall is almost over! 2 days and counting and summer is behind us. To some, that might be a sad day but for me, it’s the BEST DAY EVER! I was born a summer baby but I swear I was destined to be a fall baby. There’s something about the crisp fall air, the colorful leaves and scent in the air that brings me joy. Football season is in full gear, pumpkin everything fills the stores and drinking a hot cup of coffee no longer causes the sweats. The days are shorter and the holidays are approaching. All things that me and so many people I know love. Whether or not you’re looking forward to welcoming the new season, we’ve got a guide to fall that will get you excited in no time.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
Things to Do
- Grab a pumpkin spice latte. I know this is overdone but there’s a reason for it. There is nothing more exciting than sipping the first PSL of the season. I prefer to wait it out and grab one on the first perfect fall day. There’s nothing worse than sipping a PSL in 80 degree heat. It has to be at least in the 60s and I have to be wearing a sweater. No exceptions! If you’re not a fan of the PSL price, make one on your own using our recipe.
- Take a walk through a park. Even the biggest summer fans have to admit that walking through a park or a forest mid-fall is magical. The different color leaves are gorgeous and it gives you all the feels. I'm even on board to experience nature in the fall, something I generally avoid. Check back next week for our post on where to see the prettiest fall leaves.
- Go shopping! It’s sweater season and that alone should be an excuse to head to your favorite store and invest in a few new pieces. I get monthly StitchFix boxes which have delivered some of my favorite sweaters over the last year. It’s the easiest way for me to update my wardrobe, especially since I hate shopping.
- Go to the farmer’s market. This is the best time to shop local and get a cozy pot of soup or chili on the stove. Squash are great to include in your meal planning and they also make festive decor. Grab a large pumpkin and carve it out to use the seeds. If you’re not ready for Halloween decorations, you can carve out fall designs like leaves or scarecrows. It’s a great activity for kids and adults and 100% worth it if you get salty pumpkin seeds in the end.
- Bonfires + Movie Nights! Maybe I’m crazy but I love the shorter days fall brings. It means bonfires for roasting marshmallows and sipping hot cocoa and extra long movie nights. You know I’ll be breaking out my favorite Halloween movies like Hocus Pocus, Practical Magic, Sleepy Hollow, all the Addams Family movies and Tim Burton films. I can’t do the grown-up movies like Halloween because I’m a big baby but you can find me most weekends wrapped in a blanket with some kind of hot drink watching one of my favorites.
I love playlists for everything. They have the ability to make or break my day. I’m also a Spotify snob. I always have it playing, I have playlists I’ve created myself, radio stations that are my go to and ready-made playlists that I can’t resist in certain moods. This includes fall playlists. There are several that have already been updated for the new season including the two below. What makes a playlist perfect for a season? You have heard of songs of summer, right? It’s the same idea for fall! Whether it’s the song title, the lyrics or the vibe it gives off. It gets you in the mood to embrace the cooler weather and shorter days.
Get In The Kitchen
Try out one of our fall recipes!