Christmas seems to start in October these days. All the decor is displayed in the stores as if the North Pole itself threw up by October 15th. Let’s not forget the Hallmark movies beginning the weekend before Halloween this year. I am 100% a “start celebrating on November 1st” kind of Christmas person but for all the anticipation and excitement, it always feels like it was over to soon come January 2nd. People are taking down their Christmas decorations and here I am still absorbing all the nostalgia with the few houses still lit up and my tree. It may be January 10th, but I am still not over Christmas. It’s a new year though. 2019 is full of amazing things that have yet to come and I am genuinely excited. Yet, I need a little help moving past the festive season and felt that some of you might as well…Read More
This post brought to you by belVita. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Life With A Side Of Coffee.
I'm not a morning person. I'm sure I've mentioned this a few dozen times by now but it's still the truth. It used to take me a solid hour to be in a public-facing mood but I've managed to decrease my amount of wake up time by having a constant routine I go through whether it's Monday or Saturday. It's a way for me to jump start my morning and get ready for the day. Besides preparing me for human interaction, it also gets my body ready for the day since one of the steps in my routine is to eat breakfast. I cannot make it in the morning without food. Sometimes I don't have a huge appetite but I always have to eat something or I'll get woozy and even more cranky which is never a good thing from me in the morning. So to win your morning, I've decided to share my morning routine with you guys so you can see what the first hour or so looks like in my life.
1. Wake up. Lay in bed for 15 more minutes inwardly complaining about having to wake up and finally roll out of bed.
2. Go to the bathroom and do whatever I need to in there. If I start making myself presentable, the chances of me going back to sleep are much less.
3. Make my bed. I cannot get through the day without a neat bed. I've tested this one out and went without making my bed a few times. I failed miserably at life. I can't get productive. I crawl back in thinking I'll just work from my pillow and nothing good ever comes from it. There's something spectacular about a made bed even if the rest of the room is a disaster.
4. Make breakfast. My appetite in the morning bounces all over the place. Sometimes I want a giant breakfast with all the fixings, other days I want something simple. There are often days that I've overslept or I'm running late and I need something to grab and run. That's where belVita comes in. belVita breakfast biscuits are delicious and easy for a quick morning. There are also a ton of varieties to choose from which is always a plus in my book. Two of my personal favorites are the Chocolate bites and Cinnamon Brown Sugar. I've even got my 12-year old cousin munching on belVita lately and he's the pickiest eater.
Some mornings I'll eat breakfast while watching a little TV, others I'll just get a head start on my work. Regardless, I always eat something. It's amazing what curing a rumbling stomach can do to your mood. belVita Breakfast Biscuits are a great solution when you don't have a huge morning appetite or don't feel like cooking something (me 90% of the time). They're ideal for on the go too: no clean-up, no dishes, no fuss. Find them at Meijer in the cookie and cracker aisle and you'll be on your way to a belVita Morning Win. Shop for them at one of Meijer's many locations and you'll be in for a #MeijerMorningWin too.
There are two types of people in the world: those who are at their best in the morning and those who are at their best at night. I am the latter. Mornings are rough for me. I'm cranky, groggy and generally just mad at the world. The later it gets in the day, the more my mood improves and the more productive I get. Creative bursts start to happen as the sun goes down and next thing I know it's 2am and I've written ten things. I've tried changing this pattern and attempted to force myself into being a morning person but it just wouldn't work. I'm a firm believer and perfect example of sticking with what works. Regardless of whether you're a night owl or morning person, you still have to wake up and get started. With that in mind, I've decided to share a few tips on how to start your morning off right and #FeelGooder .
Create a routine. I'm a firm believer in routines, especially in the morning. When you have them down, no thought is involved making it really easy to mindlessly navigate through the motions. After I manage to roll out of bed I immediately go to the bathroom and take care of some personal hygiene because that's important, I make my bed, get dressed, start my computer up and head to the kitchen for a much needed cup of coffee and breakfast. I don't look at emails or anything computer related till I've had a few sips of coffee. It makes it all a bit more tolerable.
Eat breakfast. Whether it's a sit-down meal or something on the go, eat something. Preferably something nutritious and filling like ZonePerfect Perfectly Simple Nutrition Bars . These are great to grab and run if you're running late or not in the mood to throw something together. Pair with a piece of fruit and your typical cup o' joe and you've probably got one of the healthiest breakfasts you've had in a while. They're also a great option for mid-morning or mid-afternoon snacks in case you're an eggs and bacon breakfast person every single morning. The Perfectly Simple Nutrition Bars let you snack good and feel gooder.
Get organized. Nothing is worse than just diving head first into the day without a real plan of action. Create a list of three tasks that absolutely have to get done today whether it's because of a deadline or another reason. Make a list of priorities and blocking time in your calendar to accomplish certain tasks will help keep you on schedule and be more productive.
Regardless of what time of day is your favorite, we all have to wake up at some point. These three simple tasks make it easier to roll out of bed and get started on a positive foot. The main thing to take away is to create a routine that works for you and stick with it. Once you find the best process for you, you'll notice waking up might still be unpleasant, but easier to manage and you're getting more done throughout your day.
Perfectly Simple crafts their snacks using the “less is more” theory. They take time to choose the perfect blend of healthy, tasty ingredients for a simple feel-good snack . I have to say, they're on to something because their nutritional bars are delicious. The Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk is my personal favorite so far. It's filling and gave me more energy in the morning than I've had in a while which was a nice little surprise I wasn't expecting. Here are some additional details about the brand and the nutrition bars .
• We’re super-picky about the ingredients we use; ensuring bars are simple, delicious, and satisfying.
• Our snacks are loaded with protein and low calorie, to keep you fuller, longer.
• Each bar is wrapped and ready to go, so you never have to settle when you’re on the go.
• Our passion for simplicity inspires us to do more: More variety. More flavors. More to snack on throughout the year.
• We go beyond the simplicity of our snacks to help you find new ways to simplify your life
• We’re choiceful about where we source our ingredients from, and make our bars in the USA.
ZonePerfect Perfectly Simple Nutrition Bar flavors include Almond Toffee Crunch, Bing Cherry & Almond, Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk and Roasted Cashew and Dark Chocolate. TRY PERFECTLY SIMPLE NUTRITION BARS FOR YOURSELF WITH A COUPON TO GET $1 OFF! JUST CLICK HERE.